Last updated: Fri 01 Jan 2021
"Personal Data" means information about you such as your name, address, telephone number, NRIC, email address, your personal preferences, bank account information or any other information that might identify you.
By registering an account with www.petopia.com.my, you consent to be processing of your Personal Data by PETOPIA and all our suppliers, advertising and promotional partners, and other service providers.
Personal Data We Collect
Personal Data provided by you. From the point of registration of your account with www.petopia.com.my when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase, we collect and process your Personal Data. This includes particulars you disclose in our application form including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers / bank account numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as "Order Information"
Personal Data collected by us. In addition to Personal Data you provide to www.petopia.com.my directly, other Personal Data may be collected from time to time when you visit the Site. We automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as "Device Information"
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- "Cookies" are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- "Log files" track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- "Web beacons", "tags", and "pixels" are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally without limitation, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- Or internal administrative purposes; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimise our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Disclosure to Third Parties
Save as set out below, we does not sell or rent, and does not otherwise share your Personal Data with any third party.
We engages other companies, service providers and individuals to perform certain functions on its behalf and to administer and give effect to commercial transactions via www.petopia.com.my. Consequently, PETOPIA may provide access to or disclose your Personal Data to such persons as those listed below (not exhaustive):
- Our business partners (e.g. information technology service providers, insurance providers. i.e. we use EasyStore to power our online store--you can read more about how EasyStore uses your Personal Data here: https://www.easystore.co/en-my/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Data here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.cm/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Banks and financial institutions (including credit card payment processors);
- Professional advisors and externa auditors;
- Potential or actual acquirers of the PETOPIA business as a result of a potential sale of business, acquisition, merger or re-organisation;
- Regulatory and governmental authorities to comply with legal and governmental requirements.
As described above, we use your Personal Data to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative's ('NAI') educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads;
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance's opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
We uses Secure Socket Layers (SSL) to protect your Personal Data.
Your Rights to Access and Correction
You can request to see your Personal Data and, if the Personal Data is inaccurate, you can request that we update it. You may do so by sending an email to us at [email protected]. Please allow us reasonable time to respond and effect any changes.
Withdrawing or Limiting Consent
If you choose not to furnish any mandatory Personal Data requested or wish to withdraw your consent or significantly limit the processing of your Personal Data, you agree that PETOPIA may be unable to process your Personal Data, and any corresponding services may be curtailed. When you do so, you acknowledge that PETOPIA will not be liable for any losses which you suffer as a result of your own action.
Conflict and Revisions